It is popular to believe that only girls with thin straight hair are suffering of hair struggles, isn’t it? But is it so? What about those with thick wavy hair? They have a full head of volume and no need to use tons of hair spray, a huge amount of curlers and so on. Partly yes. But girls are girls and we always need to change something, especially our hair. We want to straighten curly hair and then to curl straight hair. That’s the reason we have so many problems with choosing a suitable hairstyle according to hair structure.
In our article we want to assure curly girls with thick hair, that they have no need to change something in their beautiful curls, because they are amazing! They have quite enough hair to choose any hairstyle they want. Of course, it is a hard challenge to keep such hair goodlooking and to set it every time as you want, but here you can find a list of low maintenance haircuts for thick wavy hair for every day without problems.
Best Air-Dry hairstyles for thick curly hair
Some hairstyles are looking good, but they are also necessarily needed to be styled every time! For daily situations choose low maintenance styles, so called Wash and Go, so you can spend less time styling and getting ready. But remember to use special hair care routine for your hair structure. It is a must, because it makes wavy hair sleeker and forms beautiful curls, not messy waves.
- Layered Bob Hairstyle. Thick hair usually is very heavy and dries for a long time, so the best way to make it lighter is to cut layers, longer at the bottom and shorter and the top. It helps to style it easily even without curlers and straighteners and dry faster. But don’t make it too short, if you want to get beautiful flowing wavy locks, not poof ups.
- Shaggy Haircut. A kind of layered cut from 70s, but without gradual layers. Make it in a random order and keep the whole hairstyle one length. It looks casual, chopped and messy, the perfect daily routine style.
- V Cut. Cut a V shape at your ends and graded layers all over and get perfect waves for everyday and even special occasions.
- Face Layers. If you don’t want to change hair length at the top and bottom, just ask your hairdresser for some layers around your face. It makes the whole style cuter and helps you to speed up hair styling.
- Pixie. If you have tiny coiled curls, don’t be afraid to show them off! It dries very fast and needs almost no styling. Just don’t forget to use special care for curls and that’s it. They look funky and sweet.
So, as you can see, not only girls with fine hair have struggles. Thick curly hair needs much more maintenance to keep it looking pretty, and it is a hard daily challenge. But you can find such haircuts, which allow to spend less time styling your hair and make it less heavy. Layers, messiness and proper hair care routine are you keys to success!